For Dr. Walkers Daughter Zara we choose a collapsable lightsaber to prevent injuries and a light-weight flannel robe that doesn't flow to much so as to prevent tripping! And of course Baby Jedi's are always cool!!
Costume safety is the primary concern for a safe and happy Halloween for toddlers. Follow these basic tips when making or selecting your childs’ costume to keep them safe.
* To keep toddler’s on their feet, avoid costumes with long tails or costumes that that don’t fit well.
* Keep your toddler visible by using reflective tape or having them wear a glittery costume.
* Beware of Pointy Props such as crowns, swords or other fake weapons. You can sew stuffed ones or make foam ones instead.
* Choose Costumes that practice fire safety and keep fire away from them as many of the store bought costumes can be flammable and hot jack-o-latterns can be hazardous.
* Choose non toxic paint over a wearing a mask since masks can make breathing hard and difficult to see out.
* Be aware of props that can frighten or cause physical harm since a toddler will be curious of witches or lighted coffins.
* After an evening of trick-or-treating, check all candy for tampering; consider swapping the candy for healthier alternatives.